Consultation on the proposal to change to a PAN of 180 for 2022/23 for Wykham Park Academy
In accordance with the Schools Admissions Code, article 1.42, the Aspirations Academies is consulting on the proposed changes to Wykham Park Academy Admission Policy.
The consultation period is for six weeks (excluding the Christmas Break) from Wednesday 25th November 2020 to 4pm on Friday 22nd January 2021.
In addition to updating some wording to clarify and make clearer some sections, the main points that have changed are:
Reduction of PAN number from 210 to 180 for Year 7
Reduction of admissions for Year 12 from outside the campus from 60 to 40
Have your say. If you have any questions or views on the proposed changes to our admissions policy, please email Tina Timms at: email@example.com
Details of the proposal
Wednesday 25th November 2020
Consultation on reduction in PAN for Wykham Park Academy from September 2022
In accordance with the Schools Admissions Code, Wykham Park Academy would like to consult with you on the proposed changes to its Admissions Policy for 2022/23. Admission authorities may propose variations where they consider such changes to be necessary in view of a major change in circumstances. Wykham Park Academy, as the admissions authority, is seeking comments on the proposed change detailed below.
The consultation will last for 6 weeks (excluding the Christmas break) from Wednesday 25th November 2020 to 4pm on Friday 22nd January 2021.
We are consulting with the following groups:
- Parents and carers in the area
- The wider community including local councils
- The education local authorities
- Local Academy Trusts
- Schools in the area
The groups are being consulted in the following way:
- Statutory Notice placed on the academy website and the website of the Aspirations Academies Trust.
- Letters will be sent to all head teachers within the immediate locality of the academy through the local authority.
- Letters will also be sent to the education department of Oxfordshire County council.
Wykham Park Academy is proposing to move to reduce the published admission number of the school from 210 to 180 for Year 7 and from 60 – 40 for Y12 coming from schools external to the campus. This proposal is with effect from 1st September 2022. We are not anticipating any other changes to our admissions policy. This proposal is being considered due to the following determining factors;
- There is already surplus capacity within the Banbury and Bloxham areas according to the figures on the Pupil Place Plan 2019-23 and the forecast demand for places indicates that this will remain the case despite the housing that has been built recently
- With BGN consulting on increasing their PAN to 180 in 2022/23 this will add to the surplus capacity
- With the number of places for sixth formers having increased over the last few years with the opening of The Warriner School Sixth form in 2013 there is again a surplus of places for post 16 provision in the local area
- Having surplus capacity means that curriculum and staffing models have become increasingly difficult to plan accurately which has a negative impact on financial modelling too.
How to Respond
This consultation will run from Wednesday 25th November 2020 to Friday 22nd January 2021 and you are invited to submit comments in writing to:
You can find full details and download our Admissions Policy here: Admissions Policy September 2022-23