Life in Banbury Aspirations Campus Sixth Form
The Leadership, Engagement and Guidance Programme
All students are part of a mentor group, where students will build relationships with other students across the sixth form and involve themselves in a variety of activities such as discussions and debates. Mentor time is where the students will receive important information, receive support with applications and in addition receive pastoral support from their mentor, alongside the PSHE programme.
All students contribute to the Banbury Aspirations Campus community and wider community in two ways: through engaging in a committee and taking on a leadership role. Students engage with the pupils in the lower school through supporting in KS3 and KS4 lessons and running extracurricular clubs. There are also opportunities for a wider impact on the community through assisting with our feeder primary schools.
Committees run every week, where students are able to develop a variety of skills that are necessary for applications to universities, apprenticeships and further education. The Committees that we offer are:
- The sports committee who assist in the running of sports fixtures, inter-house sport and sixth form fixtures.
- The social committee: who run social events for the lower school and are also involved with organising the year 13 prom.
- The marketing committee: who develop ideas on how to promote our campus to the lower school and the wider community.
- The charity committee: who raise funds for a variety of charities.
- The sixth form also has the chance to further develop their skills through the various opportunities that we offer and encourage students to take on. We offer events and experiences such as The DofE award, Camps International Expeditions and NASA trips (see NASA 2020).
Each year we elect Principal Students to work with staff and students to represent the student population.
This programme gives the students the opportunity to develop their leadership and team working skills. These are important skills needed in their future endeavours. We are very proud to have donated to several charities over the years and have successful run a number of events/support for younger students within our community.